Building a stronger future
We ask: "Can your business survive without you?"
- If you own a business could it survive without you?
- How would your bills get paid?
- How would your absence affect your key customers?
- Would the managers and employees know what your wishes are for the business, your legacy?
- Did you plan to sell your business? If so, to whom?
- Would you like to leave your business to your children? This can get tricky if you have children who are in the business and children who aren’t, but we seek to help you smoothly prepare and care for them equally so as not to cause a family rift.
We check what you have in place.
- We request all documents seeking to confirm they are in line with your goals for your business and family: wills, trusts, medical directives, operation agreements, key employee contracts, etc…
- We'll work with your attorneys and other advisors to make sure everyone is on the same page with regard to your goals. If you don't have attorneys, we'll help you secure one and set up the appropriate legal documents. You are under no obligation to use the services of any of the outside third-party professionals, and may choose any qualified professional.
- We review ownership of all assets to assure they're in line with your will. This is a critical step because any assets that aren’t titled correctly may not legally follow your wishes
We wrap up by creating a strategy for the future.
- Once we have built a foundation for your estate and legacy planning, we can start to look at the best strategies to continue to build your wealth as efficiently as possible. We do this using our vast suite of investment and insurance programs. However, no strategy assures success or protects against loss