We ask: can your family survive without you?
- How would your bills get paid?
- Will your children be able to attend college?
- Can the family stay in the family home?
- If you own a business could it survive without you?
- How would your absence affect your key customers?
- Would the managers and employees know what your wishes are for the business, your legacy?
- Did you plan to sell your business? If so, to whom?
- Would you like to leave your business to your children? Since different family dynamics require different planning techniques, it is important to have a strategy in place ahead of time. We will work together seeking to ensure that you leave behind as little chaos as possible.
- Who will pay for your child's wedding?
Then we check what you have in place.
- We request all documents aiming to confirm they are in line with your goals for your business and family: wills, trusts, medical directives, operation agreements, key employee contracts, etc…
- We'll work with your attorneys and other advisors striving to make sure everyone in on the same page with regards to your goals. If you don't have attorneys, we'll seek to help you secure one and set up the appropriate legal documents.
You are under no obligation to use the services of any of the third party professionals, and may choose any qualified professional.
- We review ownership of all assets seeking to ensure they're in line with your will. This is a critical step because any assets that aren’t titled correctly may not legally follow your wishes.
We wrap up by creating a strategy for the future
- Once we have built a foundation for your estate and legacy planning, we can start to look for appropriate strategies to continue to build your wealth as efficiently as possible. We do this using our vast suite of investment and insurance programs.